Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's ten o'clock.......

...and twenty minutes later,I say,
I'm ready and up for the day.
Just like all of the days before,
awakened to even the score.

The Red Sox are behind three to one,
fans watching the game having fun.
They are cheering and of both sexes,
you can tell they're playing in Texas.

But, forget all of that,
them losing has gotten old hat.
There are things I must do,
to better explain and inform you.

I have news of a personal best,
it happened yesterday, now I rest.
I finished walking five hundred miles,
and celebrated with a good many smiles.

You see that's one million steps,
over a course a great many reps.
In March I started to keep score,
of the first miles then many more.

The doctors said 'please lose weight',
do some exercise we know that you hate.
I was advised, to get off my duff,
and do some walking and stuff.

Little did I know then,
how much fun it has been.
I look forward now to doing a double.
and do one thousand miles, with no trouble.

Keep It Simple Stupid, hope I don't offend,
but it's good practice when,
life gets complicated and it will,
you won't be tempted to kill.

And give the critters a bite,
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/, it's the site.
The reason is really simple, easy and quick.
when on the big purple button you click.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment