Wednesday, April 14, 2010

As I....

...was saying, don't get used to sleeping in,
and I sure didn't, up at half past ten;
so I have a longer time to haul myself around,
until four in the morning, when I hit the ground.

Sleep just comes and goes, when I'll never know,
up at different hours has become part of the show;
don't try to understand it, it will do no good,
but, sometimes I wish, I knew where I stood.

Walking yesterday was a triffle cool,
had my winter jacket, a very useful tool,
then by ten in the morning, the coats a little warm;
so grin and bear it, first, do no harm.

The miles are going easy, what with my new shoes,
let's hope they keep making them, so that I can choose...
...what style and color, you men I have a choice?
Sure gray, blue or black - speak up, use your voice.

Today's no different, walk, coffee, talk,
I could paint the sidewalk, but I have no chalk;
maybe a few errands, walk around a bit,
then go on home, you'll get over it.

Let's go play the button game, we've done that before,
see where we wind up, it's not a heavy chore.
Just pick a place to start, it's easy, one through five,
all we can help with keeps others alive.

Don't worry 'bout that guy over there, a little different sure,
that's not the point, it doesn't matter anymore;
some folks are different, after all we're not all the same,
Live and Let Live - - - be slow to blame!

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment