Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Off to...

...a good start, with coffee in tow,
it's only midnight, you're jealous I know,
you still have to sleep, you've got hours to go,
and I'm already up. Yep! Jealous I know.

You can't train your body, to get up at night,
if you think you can, you're in for a fight,
it takes years of practice, and dedication too,
so...maybe I'll try -- to be more like you!

This will be a Hollie Day, from six to maybe five,
I'm just in hope, of getting out alive,
we'll hit seven counties, Penobscot, Waldo to York,
and we'll do that distance, by, oh, nine o'clock.

A visit with Grandma, Mothers Day is near,
I'll enjoy to visit, although neither of us hear;
then we're going to backtrack, right up Route One;
going to Portland Headlight, oh, what great fun!

Do you think we'll go into Staples, at a practiced prance?
Well duh! What's the chance! We sure won't miss that dance!
probably more than once, we'll pass about three,
so, then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hollie will be excited, this is her great day,
she get's two each year, it's worth what I pay;
these are her "vacations", even though they're short,
today, we're going to go. We will not abort!   (old aviation speak)

But before I get to do those things, there's something I must do,
Go to http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/, and push some button too,
just by doing those simple things, we'll help out a lot,
it only take three seconds, how must time you got?

Somewhere, today, along the line will be people not like us,
we can either accept them, or cause some kind of fuss;
everyone who walks this Earth, has something to give,
that's why the motto was invented: Live and Let Live!

Have fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment