|Just right. www.lighthousefriends.com photo|
The Light was discontinued in 1933 and declared surplus. The Town sold the lighthouse and buildings to private owners. Eventually it was owned by artist Andrew Wyeth and his wife Betsy; they have made there home here along with Jamie Wyeth the house remains in the family and has been included in paintings by both artists.
The studio is in the base of the bell tower, front and to the right in the above photo.
|An old postcard for sale on Ebay|
|A Coast Guard photo from the 1870's, the house was still that ugly brown.|
Nice rock wall too.