|Indian Island Light www.uslhs.org|
By 1874 the Lime Kilns in Rockport were operation 24 hours a day and shipping traffic was heavy, the present Indian Island Light was built and ready for service in 1875. Indian Island Light was replaced by an automatic light on nearby Lowell Rock, the property has been in private hands since that time. It can be viewed from shore at Rockport Harbor.
|An early Coast Guard photo.|