Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This may...

...be the last "horse story", I'll let you make a choice,
we're running out of easy "subjects", it's too soon to rejoice;
the "Horse-of-the-day", or Horse de-jour, if you will,
comes all the way from Hungary, over the Atlantic's chill.

The Girdan is a small horse, with muscles that are well formed,
they are smart and courageous, can race or just warmed,
hook one to your wagon, they can pull with ease,
ride one in the fields, your face into the breeze.
Horses love company too!
These are rare in number, but may be seen too,
people still raise them, you won't need a zoo;
too bad we can't keep every animal alive,
but, I guess, that's something to which we can all strive.
Gone to pasture
Maybe there's a lesson here, one we already know,
it's about horses, but...and I'm sure your mind won't blow...
...if I were to tell you, we can learn from this,
there is but one way, to live your life with bliss.

Be good to your neighbor, treat them better than they treat you,
and everyday be sure to practice, that good old Golden Rule;
and don't be scared of differences, we are not all the same,
but we can still be friendly, in whoever's holy name.

Enjoy!

Note:  I may write about horses, dogs, National Parks, whatever: you decide,
simply leave a comment (in the comment space provided)and vote. No votes,
then I decide.  I'm glad you've been along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Right now I am studying up on Angels. You could write about them. Darlene

    ReplyDelete