Friday, May 6, 2011

Tsitsikamma National Park.....

Park Headquarters, with a view - click
...South Africa, I found this place by accident,
and thought it would be fun, if we all went;
near the tip of Africa, it's not what I expected,
but after the view of photos, I couldn't leave it rejected.

Yes, there are animals, but not what you'd expect,
and many birds, and among them Robins with a yellow neck;
hiking trail, high wire slides, and oh yes, the footbridge,
the bridge across the rivers mouth, high up on a ridge.

Tsitsikamma means "place of abundant water", and I pronounce see-see-kam-ma
Walk across the mouth of the Storm River - click please!
Ride through the forest canopy - click
The Park shoreline - click

BONUS
The Lagoon Nebula
5000 light years from Earth, the Lagoon Nebula is part of the Constellation Sagittarius, I found this on
www.msnbc.com this morning and thought I'd share it with those of you who don't read that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment