Monday, June 27, 2011

1987

Miss Larry goes to work on Halloween
  That is what happens when people decide to dress up, the keyword for me was dress.  We really had a good time that day, of course the Middle School kids were a bit curious.
  1987 studies were finally over, whew!  We drove up to Bangor for my graduation, it was my very first time on campus.  My parents and brother also drove up to watch a 46 year old man graduate from college.  Linda was with me but couldn't attend, Hollie was having a really bad day; we didn't know then what her diagnosis would be, if we had it may have been a lot different.  So, graduation, a nice lunch and a "crying" trip home, well worth it.  The degree gave me new ideas and things were going to happen that surprised even me.
  Work was going well, except I was chosen to be the negotiator for my union of School Support workers for a new contract.  That is something I would run from now, never again.  It was an extremely tough go, and that's when times were good, I can't begin to imagine what it would be like now!
  Things at home were chugging along, Floyd had moved out to live with a lady friend, Jeff was off to parts unknown and the rest of us were progressing, each at our own speed.  OH!, and before I forget, Rhonda was at a school in Ellsworth, over 100 miles away, to deal with some emotional issues.  The longer we go on the more complicated we get; at the end it was a very good thing.  Oh, and don't forget the braces for her teeth, those can be expensive.
  But, I did graduate from college.
The Husson College campus.  It's Husson University now, with more buildings.
With my parents and brother, and look, all dressed up again.
Sister Larry on another work day, was it "habit" forming?

No comments:

Post a Comment