Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Funny? Check yes or no.

Asking for trouble, or, smart business?
  Most of you know that I'm an alcoholic, so I don't see a lot of humor in some "jokes"; probably because I used to be one of the jokes.  But, there are some things about alcohol that are funny; usually signs.  For starters the sign at the top:  Who, in his/her right mind, would run a business like this, and why is it legal? 
  Some of the "signs" on here today aren't about alcohol at all; to me they were funny, or odd.  Just because I no longer drink doesn't prevent me from having a sense of humor, too much or too little for some people.  If you think about it there are funny things that happen all around us every day.  One of my friends used to like things that robbers said or did, like rob a bank and use your own deposit slip for the note, that's funny!
  Some humor isn't intentional, but it's funny, I'll show you an example:
I don't know who Chris is, but he has a lot of followers
  That's funny.  It's just a regular sign on a church, but one letter was taken off, or, it fell off, so the original meaning (although we know what it said) could be interpreted as lost.
Wouldn't we all like to just spend, without recourse?
  There are a couple of things here, first Senator Alexander is a politician, most of what a politician says is funny, or causes rage - there is no in-between.  This is funny because "Washington" never takes responsibility for much of anything, and since when did they care about spending (waste) money?
Yes, if drink alcohol, you'll get looped.
  We don't know who named this street, or road, but it's funny!  It may be intentional humor.  I recently have seen "Gowa Way" on a street sign, and "No Freakin' Way", shown as a street sign on a T-shirt.  Keep an eye out for what I call streets, or road, were imagination was used.
An "AA" member, would see the humor in this name
  Here's the kicker, thanks to Darlene my daughter in law, to me this is a funny sign, or name of/for a business.  AA and liquor usually aren't found in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment