Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quite a day!

Tidal Falls Conservation Area, Hancock Maine
  Before I get started please notice that some phrases are in italics, those are "Mainer talk" they sound out the way they are spelled, 'kay?
  I wanted to go for a ride, Linda suggested Ellsworth, so that's where I started out, after I milled around awhile and had lunch, I 'sided to go ovah to Bah Hahbah that was my biggest mistake.  It's about 15 miles from Ellsworth, so not to far.
  I drove strait down root 3, far as you can go, there was them jezzly cahs with all them people from away.  I got all tha way down theyah and there wahnt no place ta pahak.  I 'cided I wahnt gonna waste no moreah time.  On th way back I noticed that on tha root 3 signs theyah was 'nother sign, blew ones; them signs said 'vacuashun root, well sir - that made me want to go rite back down theyah and 'vacuate my bowels in tha middle of tha rode. (that's hard writing).
  After I got back to Ellsworth I decided to go see Tidal Falls in Hancock, it's a short drive.  Nice place they got theyah.  I was watching three people in kayaks fight the current (tide was going out) in the first small rapid, then when they quit paddling the water moved them almost a quarter mile across the water and down "river" to the bigger rapid, they were having fun and it was fun to watch.  I should mention it's on Frenchman Bay and the Tidal Falls run in the direction of the tides, so it's like a river that flows in both directions.
  After I left there I was halfway to Schoodic Point so I went there too. More about that pahart tomorra.  I write all this stuff in my head while I'm drivin', it's what they call 'stracted drivin'
The kayak nearest was fighting the flow at the small rapid, the "yellow" one is being floated over and downstream.
This is what I called the big rapid.
Looking towards the open ocean.
Pretty day down theyah, one of them you wahnt to muckle onto and lug off fa winta

No comments:

Post a Comment