Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's time to walk!

  I have listed most of the trails with information to share that are more than 1 or 2 miles long, there are a bunch of those.  Also I have not listed segments of the Eastern Trail (Kittery to Portland) because I'm waiting to do more reading. So! No more walking stuff (not really).
  I found, by accident, nice photos and information on a State Park in New York, it's in western NY state and it's called Letchworth State Park,  the State of New York sub-titles it the "Grand Canyon of the East".
Upper Falls
  This appears to be a very large park, ample camping sites and a lodge.  By looking at the photos I found it absolutely gorgeous and would like to visit, and that's a maybe.
  It also appears that the trails are hilly and there are some seemingly steep stairs - of course I haven't eyeballed them in person.
  I'm guessing it's a maybe ten hour drive from Portland, Maine by taking US route 20 west from Albany, through some great county I might add.  I don't know about other places and distances because I don't know where all of our readers live (there have been over 70,000 page views - just some pages over time and certainly not every days blogs).
Middle Falls
Middle Falls trail, looks inviting to me.
Lower Falls trail - see what I mean about stairs?
  So, there you have it, Google "Letchworth State Park" and you can find.  Thanks go to the State of New York State Parks folks, and to the State of New York Parks for the photos.
  I'm going for a walk soon - it's 2:45AM now time for breakfast and walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment