Thursday, August 13, 2009

It was...

...a very long ride,
I went faster than an incoming tide,
down the road to New Hampshire, that's a state;
I made it there at any rate.

Short visit with brother and his wife,
then I let them get on with life.
Back in Maine, over to Springvale,
there was mother, healthy and hale. (in certain aspects)

Mom's gonna be the nine-six,
put that into the mix;
she's lived a long time, had a good life,
as a mom, grandmother and wife.

It was good to see everyone,
but it was time to be one the run,
made it home with time to spare,
it was good to sit down in my "retirement" chair.

Today there will be walking, so,
can't wait, I'm ready to go.
Up Dirigo Drive, I'm ready for it,
back down again, I'm keeping fit.

Then to a meeting, I'm ready for one,
oh, the battles that need to be won;
but going to meetings is a good choice,
listen to those who have a voice.

But before you get all busy and such,
why not push purple buttons, before you rush,
out of your door, you are so busy,
I wonder how you keep from being dizzy.

And while you're at it, remember this please,
Live and Let Live, you can do it with ease.
It's a good thing to care about others,
some of us would choose ourselves given our 'druthers.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment