Friday, January 21, 2011

Cape Krusenstern National Monument...

Kotlik Lagoon, April 2008
...north to Alaska, up on the north slope,
a land preserve that's huge, and natural one would hope,
birds and animals are here, in the warmer times,
not too many around though, in the winter climes.

There is a lot to see, if you were to fly in,
because there are no roads, you can say that again,
no people who live here, scientist some times,
and, once again, it's in the warmers climes.
Summer flowers


Bones, a Mammoth I think, they're very old


1 comment:

  1. Mammoth bones....The configuration does suggest ribs, but they seem rather big (and untouched?) to me to be mammoth ribs. My second thought was that this was a photo of the remains of dead trees that happened to be leaning; from some perspective they would look like this photo, but of course I wasn't there. If they are ancient bones, I expect they'd be documented by now, not to mention fairly well protected as an archeological site. If not, perhaps you should, as you "found" them...(?)

    I lived outside Fairbanks as a kid '76-'78, during the pipeline boom, dad worked up at Prudhoe Bay. I've got a couple gallons of AK crude in my garage that dad gave me, I've no idea what to do with them, an interesting souveneer, lol.

    ReplyDelete