Saturday, July 23, 2011

2007

Our 25th Anniversary photo, taken in the back yard.
  We moved from Brewer to Carmel in January, now we're close to the home we sold in Newburgh, just on the other side of the Interstate.  The Brewer place as too small, meaning to size of the rooms.  The Carmel apartment is a townhouse type with an upstairs, and a basement and storage room.  The yard would be a huge attraction, but we didn't know it at the time.  Can't see through snow.  Near the end of January there was a big snow storm that probably left us twenty four inches or a little more, just when you think you're used to it, you get some more; so you don't forget I guess.
  This is my first year without working, I thought I'd miss the daily grind of thing that must be done, but I don't.  I really don't miss it one little bit, I'll just enjoy being a geezer.
  The walking won't be too good here, there are hills on each side of the driveway, the only level spot for quite a distance.  I walk in town, mostly because of the pavement and in a place that's fairly level.  Back in the day I made sure to include a couple of hills in every walk - those days are gone.
  Hollie continued being herself, what else would I expect, she is driven by stuff!  We went on our two vacation days, one trip south, and on trip to "The County" as Aroostook is known here in Maine, it's a beautiful place.
  In November we celebrated our 25th Anniversary, as usual by not doing much, we've had a pretty good life together; up to this point anyway.
Some of that January snow!
Kenduskeag Stream with spring runoff, Bangor Maine

Hollie at Bug Light, South Portland, on our "south" trip


No comments:

Post a Comment