Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2010

Lysle, the Head of the Clan
  The year started out pretty well, the winter was "normal", meaning the normal of 20 years ago, I think.
We got lots of snow, as did other areas of the country, so we didn't suffer in silence.  Just by way of a bench mark my 70th birthday was in 2010, and the "old cyber hobo" still can't keep my mouth shut.
  Things went really well; I took Darlene and her friend Nicky, up to meet the Appalachian Trail just south of Millinocket, Maine to walk the remaining 50 miles of the Trail.  Tough sledding was the report I received; on the fourth day Darlene was unable to continue and I drove back up to the Jo-Mary Road and brought her back; Nicky continued the hike alone and she made the summit.  Later, in the fall, I drove up that way with Linda to see the foliage, have lunch and just go for a ride.  I didn't feel to well after, had a cold, and things went downhill from there.  Several days later I went to the "Walk-in Clinic" and started antibiotics, after those ten days were up I went to my regular doctor got more pills and took them, then I went to my Respiratory doctor and he had me admitted - for pneumonia.
  I stayed in the hospital for four days and went home for several more rounds of pills, then went back in to the hospital for another day.  This stuff lasted from October to the following March.
  The part of the family that had been in England came back to the States, Cheri, Lita and Amaroq, where Cheri (Doctor Bond) will be employed by East Tennessee State University, as the Associate Director of a research lab at Quillan Medical School.  There are a lot of words there with more than four letters, whew!
Darlene (l) and Nicky (r) "hit the bricks in the sticks".
Rocky all dressed up.
Rhonda and Stu at a Florida park.

No comments:

Post a Comment