Thursday, September 1, 2011

More than enough

  I didn't think there would be a blog today, because until late (for me) last night we had no Internet, no phone and only one TV worked.  We had moved the big TV earlier in the day, had it all hooked back up, and, you guessed it, nothing.  Oh, you can turn it on, turn on the cable box and it all lights up nice and pretty and tells you that channel will be available soon.  Power on, power off, power on, power off trying to reset the dad blasted thing!
  Calling the "telephone helpline" is more of a joke than the phrase "telephone helpline".  It's okay, I guess, if you don't mind responding to a machine and getting an almost endless list of menus, THAT ALL END UP WITH YOU BEING DISCONNECTED!!  It kind of ticked me off, can you tell?
  So, I get back in the car and drive to Bangor for the third time in a day, go wait in a line that I knew would take a long time -- and got a date and time that a repairman will come and see me - on Friday.
Part of the problem is the power outages in New England, so when you press 3 for technical assistance the only one there is a repeating computer that will tell you over and over and over the same dad blasted thing.  I'd unplug that son of a gun, or shoot it, willingly.
  Let's back up just a little.  The day didn't start right when I read that the Red Sox lost to the Yankees by leaving 13 men on base while the rest of the dad blasted sissies couldn't hit the dad blasted ball!  You can make 3 million dollars a year and be totally useless if you're a professional athlete, crikey!
  The second, or was it the third - anyway, thing that happened was the President saying he would address a joint session of Congress on Wednesday of next week.  Oh wait!  Cried the Speaker of the House, explaining that the Republican debate was that very same evening and could the President of the United States (said to be the most powerful position in the world) possible change it to Thursday; and the President of the United States backed down.  Besides, the Speaker said, I need to get my hair done and work on my orange (I mean my tan).  Geesus!  That is just to unreal to believe.
  Okay, I'm awake now, thanks for "listening"!

P. S.  A member of Congress earns an average of $174,000.00 a year, combine that with $110,000.00 a year in retirement and health benefits and that's not a bad deal - but they want to reduce the minimum wage!

No comments:

Post a Comment