Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Questions

  I mentioned yesterday my trouble with concentrating to hear and getting sleepy.  I looked around on the Internet and found very little on the subject.  Earlier in the day I mentioned that to a friend who also has a hearing loss and wears aids, he could verify my story - had the same difficulty.
  Here is the one thing from the Internet:

."""...Yesterday I was very tired and it was a bad hearing day, I couldn’t really understand anyone in the office, I was constantly straining to hear and often asking people to repeat themselves. Last night I went to bed an hour earlier than I normally do and today I am far more awake and alert – .........my ears are still picking up the same sounds, hearing aids amplifying the same voices but my wide-awake brain is processing them better.....

My name is Steve Claridge. I've been wearing hearing aids for the best part of 30 years.

A few years ago I tried to search the web to find hearing aid info and was frustrated by the lack of it - what I did find was either marketing blurb or overly technical science."""

So...that's all I was able to find, disappointing is the word for that; if, that's a big if, any of you know a person who is partially deaf and wears a hearing aid, ask them if they experience the same problem, and please let me know.
  My photo "scheme" isn't working as planned, so that's it, see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment