Friday, August 8, 2014

Underemployment. It's not a good thing.

Click to enlarge
Illustration: U S Bureau of Labor Statistics
  An even quick look at this map tells us something is very wrong.  Many, many people who are employed part time can't find full time work.
  A number of local companies aren't hiring full time workers anymore; it's because of the Affordable Care Act (Obama care) requirements for employers to provide health insurance to full time workers.  Retail companies and fast food workers seem to be the hardest hit.  These are my observations of people with whom I interact on a nearly daily basis.
  There may be or probably are other reasons for this hiring practice but I would be hard put to name one.  This is not the Country I grew up in, this practice of hurting people just to make profits for the owners.  It's greed pure and simple - that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment