Tuesday, May 19, 2009

While I lay sleeping.....

Or was I? What a strange start to a "normal" night.

I woke up at 6:45PM (that's right), from a very strange and funny dream. I had a dream that my brother in law, Thom, was here for a visit and was very excited because I was going to take him just a few miles to see the 43rd parallel! I had a map, already marked up, showing we were to take US83(the old US highway system) to just south of Dixmont. I woke up early the next morning, Thom was already up, he had a loaf of bread in a large plastic bag (from a pillow I think - the bag that is), we ate and were ready to go. Thom, in my dream, looked just like Jim Morris who is the News Director at Channel 5 WABI-TV, they do resemble each other.

This morning (I was up at 10:45PM) I looked up US83, it runs from Brownville Texas to the North Dakota/Canada border, and on the route 43 degrees is at the South Dakota/Nebraska line. The 43rd parallel around here is just south of Portsmouth NH. If you want to look up any of the old highways Wikipedia has a large selection - and I do look stuff like that up probably more than others.

I had been reading a Cathie Pelletier book The Bubble Reputation, maybe her books give me those crazy ideas; she is a terrific Maine born writer. The books are very funny in parts and quite serious in others, very enjoyable.

Anyway, 7 miles yesterday and looking forward to more this morning; I only need about a tenth of a mile to reach 300 miles, since March 8th!

Live and Let Live, and feed the critters http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/, or the hungry people, http://www.gsfb.org/ either way it will make you feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment