Saturday, June 6, 2009

Augusta.....

......avoid the place if you can! What a day yesterday, the drive down to Augusta was nice, I took 104 from Waterville into Augusta, nice quite country road, enjoyable. Of course by the time I got there (Augusta) it had been more than 20 minutes since the last time , so I had to go! I stopped at WalMart (I have never liked the Augusta store) the bathroom was down to one spot with a line; so on to Hannaford - restrooms closed for renovations! Oh well, go to Shaws, and, and, restrooms being renovated one uni-sex bathroom available, quite a line of men and women. Up to road to Target, ahhhh!. I went to Motel 6 where I had made online reservation and then had called the Augusta location to request a non-smoking room. Of course it being (where else) in Augusta nobody had bothered to write that down, got a smoking room, stunk to high heaven! With the help of the A/C fan it was made breathable (barely), and I was off to Togus. I stopped at Tim Hortons for coffee so I would be awake for my hearing test, it was scheduled at 4PM, and I ordered a plain donut - to be honest it was disappointing, it's the only stale thing I have every been served at a Tim's, and I've been (with Hollie) to every one from Presque Isle to Biddeford! The Togus part of the trip went really well, however I'm sure I failed the hearing test - probably when I had to ask the doctor to repeat his name! I really didn't to well at all - of course that's the reason I was there. I will get my results in one to four months (I know that's a long time but this is the VA after all). After sleeping six hours, and enjoying to atmosphere for another hour or so at smokeys I checked out and went to Tim Hortons (just for coffee), I ordered a small black coffee for inside - I was served a coffee with cream and sugar in a paper cup; I drank it thinking that if this is the worst thing that happens today I can live with it. It was about 2:30AM so I went to Dennys for breakfast, thinking that maybe all of the drunk druggies had gone home by then, there were still a couple of loud "ladies" with one guy - the were tickling each other and screaming and laughing - they left when the manager threw them out - oh, the food was pretty good, I really like their hashbrowns. And then, well I drove home in the dark.

Today I am going to a meeting!

Live and Let Live, feed the critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment