Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is...

...the day it will happen, one thousand miles, at last,
really just another milestone, it too, will get passed.
Maybe tomorrow I'll take the day off and rest,
actually that's been planned, we'll be driving west.  (not very far)

So today I'll finish at the goal line and smile,
knowing full well I'm not finished, it's just another mile.
Then I'll set a goal that's different, add on a little more,
and dutifully come home and record one more score.

I'm going to a meeting, today will be a good day,
I got up at ten-thirty, too early to go out and play;
then I'll run some errands, maybe have coffee and buy gas,
and wait and see what comes next, what will come to pass?

I've already pushed that big button that feeds,
the critters and varmits that have great needs,
and just this past weekend made a donation,
to help feed the hungry, of this great nation.

This morning, here's what I read,
with some certain amount of dread;
One in seven now go without enough food,
in the United States, and that's not good.

If you remember one thing,
this may have a familar ring,
be good to your neighbor and give,
go by: Live and Let Live.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment