Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gone.....

...for a day, and with good reason,
because I went to retrieve, just for the season,
my daughter Rhonda up for a visit,
that's my reason, good one isn't it.

But I had to stay overnight,
it was was past my bedtime, an oversight;
but we connected, just before ten,
I was up five hours more than I would have been.

But now I'm home, yesterday afternoon,
not anxious to leave any time soon,
staying at a motel, is way over rated,
if I did it for long, I need to be sedated!

But we visited with my older brother,
and went over to visit my mother,
we're all older, by quite a lot,
but, you know, that's what I've got.

Of course I'm just a fresh faced kid,
looking at them, to see what age did,
how is it possible, for my time to stand still,
Gee! I must have some kind of magical pill!

Coffees ready!  Just in time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment