Sunday, February 28, 2010

If this...

...rain don't stop, I'll surely go insane,
ain't five days enough, does if have to cause pain,
I really miss my walking, and maybe the sun too,
it's going to be awhile for us, how about for you?

I got up just before eleven, and watched the news,
looking for better weather, or someone elses views;
there is a slight promise, no rain or snow today,
followed by a wrap around Sunday night and Monday.

And then the sports report, the Celtics lost again,
to the lowly Nets, whose wins don't equal ten;
they should pack it in - there's no place left to go;
and all the while we expected another championship show.

Now the Celtics know about ageing, of a sporting sort,
three players in their thirties, can't keep up this sport,
and the new guys are trying - yes, their very best,
and I guess it's my turn to give this song a rest.

Tomorrow we'll be in March - the month that starts Spring,
Day Light Savings Time, and maybe a daffodil it will also bring,
that would be south of here, here mud will be the king,
and then will come sunshine - can you hear the children sing?

At least the coffee's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment