Monday, May 17, 2010

For some...

...reason there's a song on my mind, you see,
that's a bad place to be, if you're me,
I'll be thinking about it all day long,
until You Tube plays the damn song.

I suppose thing could be a lot worse,
like, maybe, forgetting the rhyme a verse,
which isn't easy some of the time,
some words aren't all that easy to rhyme.

But, I'll ramble along with a song in my brain,
which is not my heart, they're not the same,
if my heart were my brain, I'd think with my heart,
but, what about the beating part.

Since that's unlikely to become reality,
what if I used my nose to see?
You'd have to say, I smell Sally right there,
what do you think she's done with here hair?

Now - isn't that stupid? But it's in my brain,
I kind of hope I don't think that up again,
I'm best left to subjects I might understand,
like some of the stuff I keep close at hand.

But I can push buttons with some of the best,
folks like you help me do the rest,
this stuff is important - this helping mankind,
now! That's a great thing, to keep on my mind.

So love one another, Live and Let Live,
we all have in common, the big heart to give,
helping a neighbor, or cheering a team,
some things are IMPORTANT, if you know what I mean.

(I'd like to say (Yea! Monday!) but I wont.

A short note: The song in my mind is "You're the reason God made Oklahoma"
can you find a link?  Warning: It won't be too difficult, maybe.
Write your guess/answer in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment