Monday, May 3, 2010

I wonder....

..what was on my mind, as I went to sleep,
maybe Carmel Indiana got me in too deep;
I dreamed I had a traffic light, paper, kept in my pocket,
it was used by walkers, if you have traffic, block it.

And if you were a 'walker' you could make some cash,
other people would hire you - to bring them their stash (or anything);
it was all a part of an early evening dream,
of course for me no walking, a new part of the scheme.

Then I was in my office, back in Hanger Ten,
but there was no Navy, like there was back then;
but I was working for the city, curb cuts were the game,
if you wanted a new driveway, into my office you came.

So it was a night of weird stuff, meaningless, unless;
you consider what was on my mind, it's the walking mess;
I don't like not walking, not one little bit,
but the knees, hip and ankle, put a stop to it.

Let's call it part of aging, or growing up old,
guess I need to grasp the concecpt, of being solid gold;
that means old in the language of my mind,
but no walking puts me - in some kind of bind.

But agreements and orders must be carried out,
so I'll start by making coffee, and pour it from the spout,
nice and hot and black, perfect start of my day,
once I have a cup of that - I'm ready to 'make hay''.

And, of course, the web site where those buttons are pushed,
make quick work of those, and stuff will get hushed,
things like childrens health, breast cancer and rain forest,
literacy and pet food - and nourishment for the poorest.

So Live and Let Live has multiple meanings,
depending on your circumstance and political leanings,
but most of all, it means one thing, not to be denied,
you live your life and I'll live mine, or at least we tried.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment