Sunday, May 2, 2010

It was....

...a Hollie Day, it was without Dad,
from what I hear, what a day they had,
from So, how you been Mom, to the very end,
they had a good time, didn't go around the bend.

While I stayed home and did what I do,
which is mostly nothing, oh, a thing or two;
I finished the sky on a painting that is new,
and watched the Bruins with overtime in view.

So when I got up today and the first thing that I did,
was look up the ball scores.  I should have gone and hid!
The Red Sox have lost twice, and to a losing team,
well, they're both losers, if you know what I mean.

And then we have the Celtics, of the mightly green,
they've gone up to Cleveland, it's just a bad dream.
They made a great effort againt the Cavaliers,
but what they heard was not their kind of cheers.

Patsy Cline had it right in that "I fall to pieces" song,
I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm doing it wrong;
my knees feel a little better, but now it's the right hip,
if I was a computer, I'd need a new chip.

So I need to take it easy, not that walking stuff,
so I'll sit around, boy life is tough,
you can't be a sissy, and be growing old,
at the end of the rainbow - there ain't no pot of gold.

The pot's full of rust, dust and empty time,
it's just part of living, one day at a time,
but that doesn't mean it's over or that you can't have fun,
it's just a sign to let you know, the marathons been run.

So let's go push some buttons, I'll let you choose,
among the colors, the red, the green and blues;
where will you start, with hunger or health care,
or maybe, just maybe, food for a hungry bear.

And let's continue to live life one day at a time,
you'll be filling volumes of the finest kind,
you be true to yourself, be grateful you're alive,
and we may accomplish that for which we strive.

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment