Monday, July 5, 2010

It might...

...have been an eventful night,
with fireworks providing the light;
all I know is what people said,
I was at home, in my room, in bed.

Just recalling that back in the day,
back before times when I hit the hay...
...and could stay up at night,
I used to enjoy the fireworks light.

Those days are over, probably for good,
do I miss TV?  Maybe I should,
the news and the weather come on at five,
after the weather, in to my bed I dive.

Today I got up at twelve on the dot,
been sleeping in, oh, quite a lot;
I find it odd that I wake up so late,
it used to be ten-thirty when I came out of the gate.

Maybe things are changing, or, maybe not,
I try not to think about that a lot;
I think we'll find - on down the line,
that ten-thirty will work out just fine.

Take time to push buttons, lest we forget,
critters and people count on us yet;
and be kind to the neighbors, or just be good,
and don't do more than you think you should.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment