Saturday, July 10, 2010

They WON!!..

...a by large numbers, fourteen to three,
proving once again, you don't know which team you'll see;
so let us celebrate, and if we dare a small shout,
looks like the Yanks win too, we're still 5 games out.

Todays a Hollie Day, I will not partake,
Linda takes a turn today (again), while I sit home and bake, (me not any cooking)
I took a fall yesterday, right in to the ditch,
went to get the paper, and hit that SOB.

A car was coming down the hill, I couldn't tell how fast,
watched the car as it approached, took a little splash,
bumbed the culvert with my knees, a couple of cuts,
and some bruises and scapes too, stay out of the ruts!

So an ice pack on the bruise, better before you know it,
dad-blasted cars, should know when to slow it.
Although it's not the drivers fault, could it be prevented?
Damn right it could, if my vision wasn't dented.

So, I'll take it easy, no walking for me today,
well, maybe just a little, what else can I say?
How about a flashlight, or just watch where I'm going,
what it comes to in the end...is,...my age is showing.

Enjoy AND stay cool (is that possible?)

No comments:

Post a Comment