Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I remember..

...when horses worked in the woods,
twitching the logs, they delivered the goods;
sawmills used to move, one place to another,
those horses worked hard, sister and brother.

There were four teams that worked in my town,
working at the sawmill, they could get around;
there are a few people who choose to work that way,
one man and one horse, they'd have it no other way.
These Belgian horses can work or play,
and they still do, in places far away;
if you should see one, put a smile on your face,
and, of course, you won't see one, if you watch a race.
Here's a Belgian at work, down at Disneyland,
pulls the trolley easily guided by the hand;
it might be quite a ride, purely for pleasure,
maybe working horses should be a national treasure.

Well there's a look, at the present and past,
sometimes I wonder why time goes so fast;
it passes quickly, we should use ours for good,
I'll go push buttons, and do what I should.

And I'll work to encourage others along the way,
good things can happen when you live day by day;
sure, it takes some effort, but we all can give...
..help to one another, Live and Let Live.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment