Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A (very) small apology...

..yesterday I told you, no horses rears,
but I didn't promise no horses ears;
I looked up a list of all the horse breeds,
and decided to share my favorites of these.

First, I love horses that work,
large and strong, the horse gave a jerk,
as I learned how to plow a straight narrow row,
when I was ten, a long time ago.

Pulling a wagon, with a dog up on top,
Clydesdale's work for a beverage, not pop;
a lot of people enjoy seeing those ads,
just to see feet, hairy with large pads.
Here, above, a mare and her foal,
typical of the breed, cut from the mold,
I have thought they're all brown, with a little white,
shiny and clean, practically bright.

What do you think, as I looked around,
a surprise for me, those are bound to be found;
I found photos of Clydesdale's, and to my delight,
the Queens drum-horse was black and white.
Part of the Army, called the Queens Own,
this is the drum horse, whose picture I've shown,
some are 'pinto' and some just plain white;
I love to view them, oh, what a sight.

Now, wait 'til tomorrow to see what I do,
but while you're waiting, you've something to do,
push the button, below each tab,
share time of your own, pass it on, blab!

You can "click to enlarge" these photos.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment