Friday, June 24, 2011

1984

Hollie, Dad and Tigger
  1984 is an easy year to remember, I became a Dad, was hired twice and my friend Floyd, who had taken me in a few years back, needed a home and we let him have a bedroom and bathroom upstairs, on the other side, it worked out very well.
  First I was hired at Holmes Distributors, they sell parts and pieces to electricians, and also carry equipment to computerize factories.  I worked in the accounting office.  The man who hired me had the same job in the Marine Corps as I did in the Navy - that got me in the door.  The purchasing officer left and I wanted the job; instead they hired a "pretty face", then asked me to train her - I left instead. (That's a long story in short form)
  I was hired by the South Portland School Department to work in the business office, part of the Superintendents office.  It was a pretty fun place to work, good people and the work was interesting.
  On December 5, 1984 Hollie Ann Grant was born at Maine Medical Center in Portland - the 26 years after have been a very interesting journey.  Hollie was a "good baby" about two hours a day, she had colic and cried the rest of the time, unless she was moving, or being moved.  Linda put too many miles on at least two strollers, they literally wore out.  We pushed her around at all hours of the night.  She would sleep in a car seat that we put in a living room chair.  Things did improve after some months time - almost.

Well folks, the program isn't working at its best this morning so there are no additional photos to show, I've tried loading them with no sucess.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment