Saturday, July 16, 2011

2002

This has nothing to do with 2002, Linda took the photo yesterday on Outer Ohio St. in Bangor
I just wanted to share it.
The Shipbuilders Memorial, dedicated to the men and women who worked at the South Portland shipyard
during World War 2, my Dad worked there as a welder.
  Okay 2002 now, I did get to visit that memorial during the year, and Hollie and I took one trip to Massachusetts and the Northshore Mall, we had been in Massachusetts for the second time and enough was enough, but we did get to see the lighthouse on Plum Island, Newburyport (I think).  It must have been around 2002 when I started taking Hollie for the twice a year "Vacation Days", we've done since so I guess that was it!
  Work was going well, it really was a good job, and easy to do; it was the micro-management that was difficult, it got a little worse as time went on.  What I don't need on a job is to be second guessed by somebody who knows very little about what I'm doing, but enough to be dangerous to himself and others, if you get what I mean.  But, even with that, it was a good job and great place to work, only six of us and some volunteers in the building most of the time.
  My sleep disorder was growing worse as the years went by, by now I was up at maybe 3:00AM and getting earlier as time passed, by 2006 I was awake at 11:30PM and started work at 4:00AM and left at 2:00PM (they were good about that!).
  It was certainly quieter with all of the children gone and Linda a I enjoyed some time by ourselves, although we were so involved with Hollies affairs that we were still busy.
Moppet and Brat, two of our "grandchildren"
Jon and Hollie enjoy lunch with Mom
Mom and Dad visit Hollie at her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment