Monday, November 14, 2011

If wishes were....

...ice cream, we could all have a little.  I've had a wish for a long time - to own an antique car, or street rod even.  I even realize that it's not going to happen.  But I still love to look.
  Saturaday I caught a little of the Mecum Auto Auction on TV, just then they had a 1950 Chevy Fastback, know as a turtleback.  It had been slightly customized, but it had a leather interior, and a huge Cadillac engine.  It was a beauty, all black and shiny, looked brand new.  It sold for $85,000.00, now that's a chunk of change.
Similar 1950 Chevy turtleback.
  I do go to various web sites where old and custom cars are sold, I haven't found all of them yet.  The two I visit (to drool) the most are for the Goldenrod Garage in Freeport, Maine and Country Classic Cars in Staunton, Illinois on old Route 66.  The car I am currently fixated on is a Shay Replica of of Ford Model A, my fixation changes after a car is sold, they have ranged from a car like this, to an actual 1929 Studebaker truck.  I'm not picky, just like the shiny old cars.
Here's a look at my latest attraction:
What's not to like?
From the front.
Even a rumble seat (notice the leather).
  Well, there you have it, my latest dreamboat.  I did get to ride in one of these (a Ford) in the rumble seat when I was about 8 years old.  I shocked I can remember that stuff - but it's a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment