Monday, November 7, 2011

Judge for yourself

  My day was really made yesterday while watching TV.  I was watching either football or the news because that's all I watched.  While I was watching whatever it may have been I saw, with my own eyes, an advertisement for "Soft Peach Depends".  Now my world is complete, we have Soft Peach for women and Gray for men.
  Now I am left with a question.  Who cares what variety of colors that particular product is available in?  Are we, as a Country, so dad-blasted vain that we actually have to decide what color underpants grandparents wear?
  That sure says a lot about our entire culture.  We have unemployment at staggering levels, people in a lifetime of debt to attend college, an endless, wasteful war in a place where the people don't want us, a "Presidential Campaign" that is as endless as the universe; and all we can pay attention to and care about is the colors Depends come in!
  I am not against Depends or any like product, they serve a need - but couldn't it just be in white?

No comments:

Post a Comment