Saturday, November 12, 2011

Now what!!

I had a dream that I had a dream about going to a class to learn about weather forecasting.  To be totally honest I think the whole forecasting thing may be someones dream.  What got me thinking about that was the last few mornings have been in the 40's and even 51 one morning, this morning it's 34 a seasonal normal.  We had a snowstorm on Halloween and haven't seen a flake since, but it did rain a couple of times.
  I have put together some photos of weather forecasts, look them over and see which one is someplace close to being right:
  In the show "Annie" there's a song about Tomorrow, one line "the sun will come up tomorrow...."
Yikes, the song was wrong!!
  And how about if the TV guy just used "real" words instead of all of that mumbo jumbo?  Would it be better if he said "it's going to rain" instead of "a chance of showers"?  Or, how about "run like hell" instead of "you may want to bring the dog indoors"?
This is what I mean.
  You know those displays outside of businesses that give the time and temp?  They aren't always right, but you probably knew that already, look:
A freak storm?, or, is it just plain wrong?
And what if, say, a huge winter storm was on the way?  You and I both know how most people feel about those, don't we?  Do they ever have that on TV?  Yes.
See!
Well, enjoy the day, where ever you are, I going for a walk - it's not raining, but it is a Hollie day,
enjoy the weather and remember, nothing lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment