Thursday, November 3, 2011

That old thing?

Electro-mechanical instruments
  First I'll tell you what I know about aircraft instruments, not a hell of a lot is the answer.  In the Navy I worked in aviation supply so I know the names of some of them, I was on a flight crew for 5 years so I got to look at some, but they weren't really any of my business, I was there to make sure the cargo was in the right place and tied down good, do weight and balance calculations so the pilot knew how much fuel we would need or could load - no instruments there at all!
  But I dreamed the other night that I had to tell people all about the different kinds of instruments, the difference between the electro-mechanical (analog) or the electronic (digital) kinds.  Now I've seen an electronic instrument maybe ten times, in other words I know as much about atomic fission as I do about them.
  Dreams are funny things, but you do get to do things that you'd never do while awake.  I have dreams where some Navy people and some civilian people I've worked with are doing things together.  I have dreams where I'm in really improbable situations.
  Yesterday I fell asleep for about 20 minutes in my chair dreaming that I was up at the store in the village, I woke up in my chair and was surprised I was home.  Go figure.
Electronic instrument

No comments:

Post a Comment