Thursday, May 17, 2012

If it's not broke..........

  Most of you know I try to walk every day, so what happens when there is a change.  On this past Monday my usual "early route" around the Airport Mall in Bangor was not walkable because of paving work.  I decided to walk down Union Street from the Mall parking area to 16th Street where Union meets the Interstate.  It turns out that the distance walked is still about 2.25 miles.  To walk that distance now takes almost an hour (embarrassing).  After the walk I'm still at McDonalds for coffee with the guys.
  But Monday something was different, or two things.  One, I ate a half banana with my cereal, two, I had a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons before walking because it was early. 
  During the walk back up Union I got the "willies".  The Willies is when I get a little confused, sweat like it's 105 degrees, and stumble a little - like walking drunk, but not horribly drunk.
  I reported the episode to the Nurse that follows my health and progress from the illness over a year ago.  She contacted my Primary Provider and they would like to see me today. 
  I did the same walk on Tuesday, minus the banana, with no ill effects except it was raining and my hands got tired with the umbrella stuff.
  At the end of the visit with the doctor today, I won't know any more about the "willies" than I do now.  If, it turns out, that there is an answer I will be totally surprised.  I have had nearly every cardiac test there is, I've had an MRI of my brain, ultra sound testing of arteries, all that stuff - there is no answer.
  I will keep you posted.
                                      The Geezer hisself

No comments:

Post a Comment