Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not ready for prime time

Road side lupine, Hampden Maine - click -  photo by Linda Grant
  I didn't do my homework so there's no particular subject today, it is Larry's Ramble after all.  The lupine are out!  Great gobs of flowers in the fields (in some places), and along the road side, we have one in the backyard and one out front.
  Yesterday was a Hollie day, I was able to get her to walk two miles without even knowing it, my total for the day was a bit over seven miles.  She was hyper-calm = she had a great time without being demanding, it was enjoyable.  She did eleven "projects" and bought a CD and a T-shirt.  She's excited about the upcoming move, only abut three weeks away now.
  The Red Sox lost again, playing the Washington Nationals this weekend, they remain as cellar dwellers where they have been for the whole season to date.  The Celtics didn't stand a chance in Miami as the legs of most players are too old to be in the NBA.  That said, the Heat won't have much of a chance in Oklahoma City, the Thunder have too much youth and too much talent.  I hope I don't have to eat my words in a couple of weeks.
  Well, got to go hit the pavement soon, maybe another seven mile day.
  Here's one for most of the U S Navy sailors I ever served with:
Zippo.  The sure brand of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment