Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A progress report. PROGRESS??? You call that progress??

The barn is done, and not too well.
  I made reference to that barn earlier this month.  It came out okay, but I'm still having trouble with the "greens".  Green is a difficult color for me, I have about 6 or 7 different tube of greens, but usually not one I want to use, so I mix them up.
House.  That's the name of this project.
  Here is the photo I'll work from, I took the photo yesterday afternoon, Linda spotted the house just a few miles from where we live.  It looked to me like it was begging to be a project.  Let us all hope the house didn't make a bad decision.
The start
  You probably cant see it, but I've traced the house and started work on the sky.  I always use color that is too light, I don't use enough paint!  I had an instructor in night school that said I should do childrens books since I always had pastel paintings.
  The real problem is that I'm cheap, cheap, cheap.  If I used 'fresh' paint - right from the tube - the color would come out better.  The paint in my work box was squeezed about a year ago, so I'd have to be really careful to make if come out right.
  We'll see as this project continues if 'fresh' makes a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment