|Autocar Company made the "car", this model shows the second kind of guns used. www.media.photobucket.com photo|
The Autocar Company of Ardmore, Pennsylvania manufactured the machines, there were eight, plus two automobiles of general staff, the original armament were two Colt Model 1914 Machine Guns, also known as potato diggers. (photo below).
In addition to the large vehicles there were also 300 motorcycles armed with mortars in this, the very first mechanized brigade.
|Two of these Colt Model 1914 guns were mounted. www.wikipedia.org photo|