Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Can I remember and remember when

Ladies sell Christmas Seals in Bangor, Maine 1952
Photo: Spike Webb, Bangor Daily News
 
  Christmas Seals started to be sold to fight Tuberculosis and to help fund Sanatoriums around the Country.  The Organization currently operates as the American Lung Association which promotes lung health and helps fund the fight against lung cancers.
Christmas shoppers in Downtown Bangor 1954
Photo: Paul Marcoux, Bangor Daily News
  Shopping at W T Grant and Co. stores was a big deal in the 50's and 60's.  The company simply "overbuilt".  Makes me wonder about Wal-Mart, will they ever overbuild?
Hope
Photo: Yahoo Sports
  Yes! Baseball season is only a few short years (I mean months) away.
  Now, what happened yesterday:  I was rushed for time, sort of and I simply forgot.  I know, I know that's hard to believe, but it's true.  I did remember after I'd driven about five miles towards town.  Oh well.  And....the cell phone works fine; it was an "ownership" problem

No comments:

Post a Comment