Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What we....

...need here where I live, is weather without the wind,
yesterday was nice and warm, 'til the wind chill's factored in,
today looks like it might subside, just a little bit;
so maybe I can go on out - and walk around in it.

I walk anyway, it's just cold in one direction,
then if I could go backwards - to offer some deflection,
or wear two hats and have hand warmers too,
those are some things that I have learned to do.

Some days it's better to stick to the woods, new land of the machine,
maybe I should undertake to walk them all, those snowmobile trail I mean;
but there are too many 13,400 miles of them here in Maine,
by the time I got to the end I'd be too old to explain.

This is the first beaver pond, lovely isn't it,
we used to skate and swim, in a place just like it,
the ice is pretty thick right now it's pretty quiet,
but when the spring weater hits, activity will riot.

This is the trail that's pictured here, downhill on the home side,
easy walking through the woods with a road this wide,
these woods were cut, quite some time ago I guess,
now it nice to be able to go out and egress.

Have you pressed the buttons? If not I'll explain,
it's simple and it's free, you're queen, you reign,  (or maybe even a king!)
just go to the site http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/,
start at the top tabs and press, you can do not wrong.

Don't be afraid to try something that is new,
where would we be if people didn't try, what would we do?
Everything was new at some time or other,
so go ahead and dare to try, be inventions mother.

No shovel today!

No comments:

Post a Comment