Saturday, February 13, 2010

Waiting...

...for coffee is my current fate,
Wait! I think that it's ready, that would be great!
It's my own fault - me - for sleeping in late;
it's the hour from then to now that's my fate.

Yesterday was a flurry of activity and haste,
Hollie was ready to go, no time to waste,
"so - how you been, Dad?" the first words spoken,
and a Valentines Card, her offered token.

Then it was off to the races - the mental kind too,
trying to decide which projects to do,
it's a complicated process I don't understand,
should we do Abe Lincoln or Raggedy Anne?

That's just an example of what she goes through,
trying to make sense will confuse me or you;
we can't understand how the whole process works,
it's more of a process of fits, starts and jerks.

We went for the early morning snack,
into Tim Hortons - we will attack.
A couple of items, iced coffee please,
into the car, try to appease.

You know where we went next, Wal-Mart of course,
run down the aisles fast as a horse,
pick up a magazine, after careful review,
let's do this one Dad, or maybe these two!

We had a three dollar 'coupon' and she had some cash,
she could do extra because of her stash,
Ten items went under the plasticizing heat,
all of them different and thoroughly neat.

"It's the first sideways one, of (insert name here),
it's a different one Dad", that's her standard cheer.
They all look the same to my tired old eyes,
but they're sure different, that's no surprise.

Then on to Mardens - bargains galore,
it's really a nice - one of a kind store,
a placemat thats show the life of Barrack Obama,
and folders with H. Duff, go spend-a-rama.

She got her lunch drink from the vending machine,
and some cookies from girls, saving for the prom queen,
then on to Subway, she wants to eat fresh,
finally delivered to program, all in the flesh!

Then I took a short walk, down the snowmobile trail,
not very far only part way to the first pond, I turned tail,
back home again, work on a project, results are no good,
why can't I do things better, the way that I should.

Oh well, that's just water and it's under the bridge,
Hey! what's for breakfast, check out the fridge,
nope, nothing there, well I'll make a meal,
just like every morning I'll be eating oatmeal.

Then I'll take time, out of my busy life,
to push a few buttons, maybe I'll save a life,
for childrens healthcare, breast cancer aware,
literacy education and animal care.

I saw someone yesterday, they were "different" you know,
could I be sure, my eyes told me so,
now how do we treat people like "that"?
just shake a hand, it should be old hat!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment