Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I've been....

...overcome with speechlessness, and an empty brain,
they got washed away yesterday, in the little rain;
truth be told, and I guess it should,
I'm sitting here thinking nothing any good.

So I guess I'll have to struggle, to pull the off,
it's so bad right now, I heard the rooster cough!
The critter ought to crow, well it is a little early,
nope, he just walked away, he is a bit surly.

I got up on time, and went through my routine,
but my brain is the dullest, I think I've ever seen;
the damn thing was okay, it didn't stop all night,
had me trapped under a car, that gave me a fright.

I don't know why I was in there, looking for an escape,
dreams are funny that way, they just take the bait;
then leave you empty of many of the results,
the only thing they sometimes leave is a quickened pulse.

So there it is, just take what you want,
that's all I have to offer, hope I don't affront;
I'm sure I'll progress as the day moves on,
really think I'd better, but won't water the lawn.

I'll go and push some buttons, while I remember that,
pick out all the colors, reading, cancer, cat;
rain forest, and hunger - worthy causes all,
let us keep up our support, don't want them to fall.

And please Keep It Simple, that's a worthy phrase,
it's also very meaningful, and it ofter pays...
..to heed those very easy words too,
it certainly applies to guys like me and you.

Keep It Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment