Monday, July 19, 2010

And....(drum roll please)

...I just wanted to report, that I got out of bed...
..at the right time, not one o'clock instead.
I don't know what happened, better learn to read;
there's no excusing, this unread life I lead.

Got to get some book smarts, I think that's the word,
if I had my hearing aid, that would be what I heard;
the right one (hearing aid) was mailed to the shop,
for an overhaul, doesn't work, just 'said' stop.

I think it could be moisture, there's an abundance of it here,
when the weather finally changes, I won't shed a tear;
hot and humid stuff, don't that belong down south?
Yes, would be the answer, you heard it from my mouth.

I took a little time, to watch the Red Sox game,
they played so poorly, we should be full of shame,
terrible in the field, double that for at bat,
it's a lousy team that stinks, and that is that.

The British Open, on the other hand,
was a great game, in a great land;
the winner has a name, difficult to pronounce,
he beat long odds, on the big name he did pounce.

Then the Tour de France, in a mountain climb again,
if they can ride like that, I'd hope they all can win,
up a grade of eight percent, that's steep you know,
twenty-five miles an hour, I don't see how they go.

If I had to ride a bike, for thousands of miles,
there would be no mountains, and probably no smiles;
two thousand three hundred and twenty-five miles in that great race,
in two weeks time, up and down, up and down, with a smile on their face.

Please don't forget that we have 'work' to do,
clicking each tab, pushing a button or two,
please click each one, they all a great cause;
and kids that can't read, won't know Santa Claus.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment