Friday, July 23, 2010

I am...

...really tired, not much sleep for two days,
and, then, for Linda, there is nothing but a haze,
she gets no sleep, it's not her bed, and she is wired...
...to the monitors, I know she's more tired.

She will be home today, at a time to be....
..announced.  I know how she feels, in May it was me.
The doctors have found not too much it seems,
she might as well be home, and join me in her dreams.

I just watched the game, starting with inning four,
the Sox were ahead, six to one was the score;
in the bottom of the ninth, it took a turn for the worst,
the bullpen screwed it up - just like they'd rehearsed!

First Delcarmen, Pappelbon et al,
failed miserable trying to throw the ball,
they gave up five runs, Seattle tied the score,
then I grew afraid, knowing what was in store.

In the fourteenth inning Boston got two runs,
Seattle got three outs, the sons of guns;
so the Red Sox win the game, but at what price,
they pulled Lackey in the eighth, that wasn't nice.

So he I go again, running at the mouth,
not know of what I speak, my brain is going south;
I am not an expert, of the baseball stuff,
I do know that as a fan, sometimes I have it rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment