Sunday, July 18, 2010

I don't...

...know what is wrong, with getting up at two,
that would be AM, just between me and you;
I thought I'd slept in, a couple extra hours,
as if I'd been given some super powers.

I was getting ready to greet a brand new day,
downstairs in "my" bathroom, I'd quit the hay;
suddenly a knock, my wife outside the door,
"why did you get up at 8?", she sounded sure.

I felt really good, it had been a longs nights sleep,
but she was insisting that I go back to bed for keep,
I wasn't convinced until I re-read the clock,
there was a seven not a one! I need to see the doc.

My sleep habits are strange, have been for years,
go to bed at five, my life is in arrears,
and getting up at eleven, a little later on occasion,
or, I guess, real early, if my brain gets an invasion.

But now I'm up for good, have been for two hours,
the weather looks fair, but with a few showers,
now I have lots of time, to prepare for my day;
and now I'm very glad, she said to "hit the hay"!

Enjoy 'your' day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment