Saturday, May 21, 2011

1950

In the summertime, I'm on the left with Robin the dog, with Harvey, Lysle, Parker and Chet
   A year of great pride (however mis-directed).  Upstairs at school with Mrs. Elsie Bumford, she was incredibly old, after all she had been Dads teacher when this upstairs room was the High School.  I hate Ancient History (still) so I wrote Mrs. Bumford a note on my work, simply said "God dame (couldn't even spell Damn) you.  She responded, the next day, by telling me I was had worse behavior than my father; thus the huge amount of pride; after all she had kicked him out of school - he finished in Sanford.
  My next proud act was to help my neighbors with their mail.  I simply took out every ones mail (about 4 mailboxes) and threw it in the stream by my house.  Not a very clever was to hide ones guilt!  We got a visit from the Sheriff, and a little later had a meeting with "Mister Belt" - if you know what I mean.
   Dad got his very first new car, a leftover 1949 Plymouth, light blue, the family took a trip, along with Gram Goodwin, all the way to Richmond Virginia.  We went to visit my Uncle Dick and Aunt Blanche.  It was a great trip, maybe the first one always is.
Buses have changed a little.
Some of the early mobile homes were made
Nat "King" Cole sang the song of the year -Mona Lisa,
I still like that song!

No comments:

Post a Comment