Monday, May 9, 2011

1940

Early 1941
...after I saw a book, or journal, to make comment on your life each year between 1 and 100; I thought it might work on this blog.  We'll try it, if it doesn't pan out we'll try something else.  Please feel free to comment on the blog, it's simple, just click and fill out the box(es).

1940:  I was born on December 19th, in Goodall Hospital, Sanford, Maine. just six days before Christmas.  I don't remember anything about it, but my mother was there.  We stayed in the hospital for 4 or 5 days, the total bill was $48.00; dad had Blue Cross and the co-pay was fifty cents!

We went home to North Lebanon, also in Maine, where we had a small egg farm, there were about 400 chickens, two pigs and us: Dad, Mother, my big brother Lysle (he was 3) and now me.

There was an earthquake when I was born, so my Grandmother Goodwin told me, the dog hid under the stove and my brother was crying.  I don't remember that either.

We lived in the old farmhouse, above, it wasn't in very good shape then, but in a few years there were new clapboards and nice yellow paint.

I don't remember getting any Christmas presents, nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment