Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She met me......

...me in the parking lot, her face in a grin,
took time to ask me, where I had been,
she had big plans, it was an important date;
so much to do, no time to be late.

Straight to Wal-Mart, a CD on her mind,
one magazine, two Cd's later-Staples we find,
lot's of instructions, trim this one not that,
off to a restaurant, no..she won't get fat.

A meal with some leisure, a little small talk,
a phone call from Mom, she won't look at a clock,
a long ride home, or it just seems to be,
and on top of that, a longer ride for me.

But she was happy, ol' dad paid the price,
but it's this years birthday, it won't happen twice.
Or...maybe it will, what's in it for me?
Oh no. Just once. Twenty-seven? Oh, I see.

1 comment:

  1. You are the very best dad Larry!!! <3
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete